Canon Speedlite 600EX RT
Canon Speedlite complete with built in radio transmission wireless functionality, the Speedlite 600EX RT sits at the top of Canon's on camera E-TTL / E-TTL II compatible flash lineup with a powerful guide number of 197' at ISO 100 and 200mm. This two way 2.4 GHz radio system provides added reliability and a range up to 98.4 among up to 5 groups with a total of 15 individual Speedlites. This system also does not need direct line of site like traditional optical based transmission and will work through obstacles.
For added coverage and functionality, the flash's zoom head can reach from 20-200mm, with the option for wide 14mm coverage when the built in diffusion panel is used. Also, the unit can tilt from 7 to +90° and rotate 180° either left or right for complete bounce capabilities. On the back of the 600EX RT is a backlit dot matrix LCD panel that displays the status and allows users to easily access and change settings. Additionally, the flash is durable with a redesigned contact construction and improved dust and water resistant sealing.
Other capabilities of the 600EX RT include a stroboscopic mode as well as high speed, first and second curtain sync settings for more control over your image's final look. The flash is powered by 4 AA batteries which provide a recycle time of 0.1 to 5.5 seconds, though it does have a port for an optional external power pack. It comes with a colour filter holder with case, a light orange filter, a dark orange filter, a mini stand, and a speedlite case.
- AF assist beam works with up to 61 point high density reticular AF system
- There are 18 custom functions and 7 personal functions for maximum customization
- Optical transmission is available in addition to radio transmission
- Quick flash settings speeds up recycle time and flash duration
- Manual power settings from 1/1 to 1/128 power in 1/3 stop increments
- Flash colour temperature information is automatically transmitted to the camera
- Automatic power off function
- Flash exposure compensation from 3 to +3 EV in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- PC sync port and remote release terminal for off camera triggering
- Flash duration of 1.8 ms or less, or 2.3 ms or less in quick flash mode
- Stroboscopic setting from 1-500 Hz, or 1-199 Hz during optical transmission wireless shooting
- Wireless flash ratio control from 1:8 to 1:1 to 8:1 in ½-stop increments
- Approximately 100-700 flashes with AA alkaline batteries
- Locking metal foot
- Bracket mounting hole
- Built in retractable bounce card
|Compatibility||Canon E-TTL , E-TTL II|
|Physical||Dimensions||5.6 x 3.1 x 4.9 inches|
|Rating*||1 Star||2 Star||3 Star||4 Star||5 Star|